OK. Blogging today is hard. I want to complain, bitch, rail against the boring shit my life is made up of right now, like picking up after other people, or that apparently I am the only person in the loft who knows how to put new paper towel rolls on the paper towel holder. And let’s not forget the toilet paper holder. Petty, yes? But annoying.
Or that my old crazy boss left a voicemail yesterday about wanting to talk about one of our old crazy clients. Um…sure. Let me get right on that, as soon as P is done with Sesame Street. Or…not. Because he either wants to ask me about why we did something way back when, which I don’t remember, or he wants me to do work for him, which I don’t want to do. Or maybe he wants to borrow my federal litigation manuals, which he was too cheap to buy so I bought them on my own – and I’m not going to share. Yes, petty.
Or that it’s pouring rain and it’s currently 54 degrees outside. (Yes, that is in Fahrenheit!) Having done the science museum two days in a row, this bums me out because that is my rainy day alternative. And I can’t do it three days in a row, because I’d probably clothesline that creepy, barely verbal four year old who always wants to steal what P is working on. Or kick her obnoxious parents in the shins. Or something.
So I should focus on the positive:
- I’ve written thousands of words of the novel this week, despite being home with a kid, and some of those words don’t completely suck.
- I’ve got a pot of freshly brewed coffee and non-gross creamer in the fridge.
- I can take advantage of this cold weather to make whole wheat pumpkin biscotti with P, which are like crack.
- P has learned how to use the Harmony to turn the TV off, but doesn’t know how to turn it on.
- I’m going to steal the NPR idea to read the Declaration of Independence every 4th.
- And the roof of our building is supposed to be one of the best places to watch fireworks.