The Dinosaur Train Drinking Game
Posted on November 19th, 2010
It’s not like I drink much. (I am known for buying nice wine and keeping it in the closet until company comes, and friends once referred to my refrigerator as their off-site beer storage area, because it would be there the next time they came over.)* And it’s not like I would recommend drinking while your kids are around, awake, and watching Dinosaur Train.**
But if I did, and if I would, this would be the drinking game I would devise.
- Don sings, “La-la-loo!” (1 drink)
- Any Pteranodon makes that squawking “Brack!” sound. (1 drink)
- Shiny says something and it’s followed by the “ding!” shiny sound. (1 drink)
- Pteranodon kids chorus, “Can we, mom?” (2 drinks)
- Tiny says, “Hi! My name is Tiny Pteranodon!” (1 drink)
- Dinosaur kids give each other high-4s, high-3s, or high-2s. (1 drink)
- Someone yells “Time Tunnel approaching!” (1 drink)
- Mr. Pteranodon gets the family lost. (2 drinks)
- An adult watching the show for the first time wonders aloud why the heck the troodons didn’t manage to avoid that whole asteroid business. (3 drinks)
- Any dinosaur says, “Let’s compare features.” (1 drink)
- There is some form of live entertainment (such as singing, performance art, dancing, fashion show). (2 drinks)
- Don falls on his butt. (1 drink)
- A large dinosaur (Alamosaurus, Spinosaurus) is mistaken for a rock or a cave (3 drinks).
- Buddy says, “I have a hypothesis!” (2 drinks)
- Shiny and Mr. Pteranadon have a special father-daughter event. (2 drinks)
- The Conductor says, “Troodons are the smartest dinosaurs.” (2 drinks)
- The Conductor says, “Bless my scales and feathers.” (3 drinks)
- Someone plays Dinoball. (2 drinks)
- There is an oblique (or overt) Elvis reference. (3 drinks)
- Shiny says, “I’m going to find the grownups.” (1 drink)
- The Conductor tears up. (2 drinks)
- The Conductor’s mom calls the Conductor “Sonny.” (1 drink)
- Tiny sings the fish song. (3 drinks)
- Anyone sings the Dinosaur Train song. (2 drinks)
- Dr. Scott says, “Hi there, I’m Dr. Scott the paleontologist.” (1 drink)
- A gap-toothed child lisps the name of a dinosaur species during the Dr. Scott segment at the end. (1 drink)
- The lawyer says, “Point of fact” during the Dr. Scott segment at the end. (2 drinks)
*Which is not to say I don’t like drinking wine and beer. It’s just that I don’t do it much, and the migraine meds don’t work and play well with ETOH.
**This post has not been approved or endorsed by the Jim Henson Company or PBS Kids. We love Dinosaur Train in our house, and have it DVRed and have purchased episodes via iTunes. Plus, we would totally share a bottle of the good stuff (safely stashed in the closet) with Dr. Scott.