Posted on June 22nd, 2011
There are days when Pea and I have long adventures, like when we go to the zoo or a museum or an art gallery or wander around and visit parks or koi ponds or local wildlife. And then there are days like today.
- When I’m operating on less than 5 hours of sleep.
- Even so, I can take 100 mg of Benedryl (that’s four pink pills) without falling asleep, but it does kill my ability to be productive. (This was going to be another Urban Manners post, but I lack the energy for it.)
- Related: my allergies are killing me this year.
- Also: my back.
- We have dentist appointments today, en famille. Ordinarily this would be a huge pain to coordinate, except that our dentist is only three blocks away.
- I’m doing laundry and watching Pea color dinosaur coloring sheets.
- We’re about to move onto letters.
- I’m trying to think of an excuse to go to Whole Foods so that I can buy some of the bakery-made marshmallows.
See what fun awaits the stay-at-home/work-at-home mom? It isn’t all dinosaurs and impromptu coffee dates. Chances are pretty good that my biggest accomplishments today will be laundry and keeping Pea fed.