Posted on August 2nd, 2011
I am done with people today. In addition to the craziness inherent in taking my child to the zoo on a sunny day while suffering a migraine,* there were:
- wannabe ganstas on the MAX and they would not shut up;
- a glassy-eyed kid huffing something from a marker container (?) by the MAX stop;
- a knot of homeless fighting by the streetcar/MAX stop;
- a lady butting into my conversation on the streetcar and arguing with me about dinosaurs (?!);
- homeless congregating by the store and blocking our way out; and
- people letting dogs run off-leash on our way home.
And of course, all of these people were encountered while I had a whiny, sweaty, tired Pea in tow. So while it may only be 2:30, I’m done with people today. Done.
*We did get to see two of my very favorite people at the zoo, though, so I won’t complain too much about it!