The Caillou Drinking Game
Posted on December 9th, 2011
My daughter just discovered Caillou; I avoided this show as long as possible, because Caillou is parental purgatory. It’s benign, but for a show in which nothing really happens, Caillou is…just…sanity sapping.
Take a drink whenever:
- Caillou makes Rosie cry.
- Caillou refuses to share with someone.
- Caillou breaks something that belongs to someone else.
- Caillou cries for no comprehensible reason.
- Caillou whines.
- The narrator says, “Caillou was feeling a little shy.”
- The narrator says, “Caillou didn’t want to [...]“
- The narrator says, “Caillou was upset.”
- The narrator says, “Caillou was sad.”
- Caillou says, “I don’t like [...]“
- Caillou declares, “I want to do it!”
- Caillou whines, “Mommy!” (This is the second most annoying thing to having your own kid whine, “Mommy!”)
- Caillou’s mom looks like she’s waddling.
- Clementine bosses other kids around.
- You get a creepy vibe from Mr. Hinkle.
- Adults unrelated to Caillou gush about how much they love/appreciate Caillou.
- Someone, anyone, says, “Oh, dear.”
- Caillou’s parents should be furious with him — and aren’t — take two drinks.
- You want to shake some sense into Caillou, and/or give Caillou something to cry about. (Take two drinks. By this point, you need them.)
*No, I don’t actually drink much, but I do feel compelled to come up with these games.