Friday Frippery: OMSI, Bach, and Puncture Wound Edition
Posted on October 12th, 2012
- OMSI playdate today with two of Pea’s school friends. (Yes, teacher hand-wringing aside, she has a couple. Seeing one of them run up and hug her when we arrived melted my smug, icy heart.)
- OMSI on a Portland Public Schools day off is INSANE.
- I fell asleep during the planetarium show.
- I am really, really loving these Bach Cantatas. (Available through iTunes.)
- But I can’t find a recording of Salieri’s La Contessa to save my life. And that annoys me greatly.
- My hand was doing much better until I did…something, I have no idea what. I can tolerate crazy amounts of back pain and headache pain, but this stupid puncture wound has turned me into a huge baby…especially since I have two healing second-degree burns on my other hand. Pity the poor OMSI worker who had to find a place to give me the member hand stamp.
- I blame the pain and my exhaustion for my punting and buying Pea a plush dolphin (of all things) at OMSI. She named it Carina. I’m ashamed of caving in, but after the crowds and the chaos, I just wanted to get out of there without drama.
- The rainy season has started in earnest! This makes me, whose wardrobe is 75% wool, so very happy. Rain and highs in the sixties as far as the forecast goes.
- There was a gunshot somewhere near here last night. I heard the shot and then a car speeding away. You know how sometimes you hear something and you think, “Was that a backfire or a gunshot?” This time there was no ambiguity. I haven’t seen anything about it in the news, though (I did call it in).