Kids’ table, hair, the French Foreign Legion, my holiday playlist, and hiding from Black Friday
Posted on November 23rd, 2012
- Pea sat at a kids’ table last night. Granted, the next oldest kid was, I think, 11 years older. But the four teenagers who put up with her so I could eat with grown-ups and not be interrupted constantly? They are my new heroes.
- I straightened my hair last night for the first time in a gazillion years (or maybe two). If all it takes to get a billion (or five) compliments on my hair is ten or fifteen minutes a day, I may need to work on that.
- I read this interesting article about the French Foreign Legion, and you should, too.
- My Holiday playlist rocks. Rocks, I tell you (or not, where it’s some other genre). Pea, right now, is dancing to “Christmas in Hollis.” OCD dictated that I remove half of the Messiah, because I don’t like to mix the passion and resurrection with advent and birth. But check it out.
- Pea is pushing hard for decorating today. I ordinarily wouldn’t mind, but we moved earlier this year and while I know where the Christmas stuff is, it’s buried in the closet under the stairs. I just don’t want to.
- It almost makes me wish we were out shopping. (Or…not.)